Had unprotected sex. How often do yeast infections occur in HIV infected person?

Are these infections early signs of HIV infection? I have had an episode of unprotected sex in May 2013. I have been clear of yeast infection since August 2013. How often do yeast infections occur in women who has just acquired HIV? Is there a possibility that i have HIV?
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Prasad 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Have you tested for HIV??? Detailed Answer: Hi, With respect to HIV, recurrent candidal infection is seen in the final stages of HIV when the immunity is significantly lowered (not during fresh infection). CD4 counts are markers of immune state. This count along with HIV viral load is used to understand the chances of opportunistic infection including yeast. When CD4 count is lower than 500 and HIV viral load is high, yeast infections are very common. That being said, not all cases of recurrent yeast infection is due to HIV infection. So unless you have a positive HIV (Elisa and westernblot report), your infection isn't related to HIV in the first place. Since you have had chlamydia and yeast infection after unprotected sexual intercourse, HIV testing is mandatory. I recommend that you undergo the tests if you haven't done yet and remove all your fears about HIV. Hope this answers your questions. Write back for clarifications. Regards