Had unprotected during period. Have nausea and abdominal pain. Pregnant?

Mar 2013
I am a 21 year old female. I had unprotected sex on day 2 of my period. My periods are usually 2-3 days of heavy bleeding and 2-3 days of light bleeding. This one was unusual. I bled almost as much as normal the first day, but by day 2 the bleeding was very light. Day 3 barely required a tampon. Yesterday I started to experience some abdominal pain and nausea. It has been bothering me today a little as well. I always thought that it was impossible to become pregnant when I have sex during my period. I've heard of implantation cramping and pain, and now I'm worried that maybe I was wrong. Is there a chance that I could be pregnant? My cycles are usually 27-28 days long, but I have no idea when I usually ovulate.
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 9 minutes later
Normally , in a 28 day cycle, ovulation occurs around day 14.
This is variable by a couple of days, furthermore, each cycle itself, ovulation can vary by a couple of days.
Hence, for a 28 day cycle, as a rule of thumb, extending the margins of safety, between day 10 and day 20, a lady can fall pregnant.
Chances of pregnancy while you are on your actual period are next to zero.
You are right on that score.
Also, slight variation in bleeding each cycle are also normal.
Maybe you are just stressing out, however, with a flow that was not typical, it is wise to take a pregnancy test after a couple of days .
Feel free to discuss further.