Had tubal ligation and minera removed. Missing periods. Feeling nausea and back ache. Is this normal?

First of all I had a tubal ligation ( double clamped) 7.5 yrs ago. Mirena was removed 6 months ago as I had ptls and this eased it. Even since removal of mirena my periods have been regular 28 day cycle. I am now currently 5 days late, have breast tenderness and engorgement with slight colour change to aerola which has also enlarged. Last 10 days have had period like cramping, but still no Aunty Flo. Last 3 days have been nauseas with mild back ache and over tired. Is this normal??? I am 31.
Posted Fri, 19 Oct 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 3 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum

Since you had tubal ligation done so the chances of failure are less but one never knows so it is better to do a pregnancy test at home as you are 5 days late.
Cause of delayed periods can be hormonal disturbance.Breast tenderness can be due to Premenstrual syndrome.Get your thyroid profile done as hypothyroidism is one of the commonest causes of delayed menses.Other cause can be polycystic ovaries so get an ultrasound done to rule it out.Back pain and tiredness can be due to anemia or calcium deficiency.Take iron XXXXXXX diet and calcium supplements.You can do fomentation with hot water bottle till you visit your doctor.Take some analgesic tablet like Paracetamol and apply analgesic ointment locally.Do not worry it will settle down.If you want to ask anything else you are most welcome.
Best wishes and take care