Had triple bypass surgeries. Now have diabetes, high cholesterol, sleep apathy. What is the life expectancy?

Had triple by pass at age 54 am 65 now diabetic high cholesterol and sleep
Apathy stop breatheing 53 times in an hour what is life expancy with these other
Health risks included
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 6 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I would have to add to your already long disappointment list if you like to me say about your life expectancy. I am grieved to hear you asking such a question in here, and would like to believe you need support more than treatment.

Yes, triple bypass is a risk to living, but the number of bypasses has nothing to do with life expectancy as per medical studies. The health of your coronary arteries would be interdependent on the cholesterol levels and diabetes control in your case.

So, controlling sugar and cholesterol levels would do good for the whole body including your life expectancy and could live beyond the realms of medicine.

Sleep apathy might need medication from a doctor if the stress levels are high. Spells of apnoea too would need a respiratory examination and tests if unrelated to your conditions.

If you already on a big medication list and regular follow-ups, and all levels are normal on tests, I would give you a XXXXXXX of 95% for living as much as a person of your age with no issues at all. So, you can see controlling the conditions are important than your 3 bypasses.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.