Had testicle removed. Will I suffer from erectile dysfunction or low sperm count. Will it effect my sex drive?

I had a testicle removed when I was 15... Im 43 now... what are the ramifications sexually from that?

Im wondering if I can have kids... if it might make erectile disfunction more likely... low sperm count... will it effect my sex drive?
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX One healthy testis is enough to have normal sex life and for normal sperm counts. Most males who have one testicle have normal sexual development and are perfectly capable of fathering children.
Please try not to worry. If you want to confirm, you can get your semen analyzed and check serum testosterone level. To conclude, One testicle is usually sufficient to produce semen and testosterone , although decreased semen production and quality are often seen with this condition. As you are already 43, I suggest you to plan your pregnancy as early as possible.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile