Had temporal lobectomy. Experiencing pains near temples. Feel numbness and eyebrow feels heavy. Normal?

Neurologist, Surgical
Hi there I had a right temporal lobectomy in 2008 and for the last three months I have been experiencing pains near my temples like pressure pains and twitching in the neck I get really dizzy my right side of my face feels funny like a numbness and my eyebrow feels heavy but looks normal it...
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 2 days later
Brief Answer:
detailed below

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your medical history in detail.
You had rt temporal lobectomy in 2008. I would like to know the actual reason for the same. Was it a benign lesion? What was the biopsy report?
Occasional feelings of pain at local craniotomy site, /dizziness/numbness over face can be due to craniotomy scar.
However, if these symptoms persist or increase, I would suggest

1. Get a repeat MRI BRAIN to see any lesion/local gliosis

2. Continue taking your medications, but sod. Valproate 100 mg at night is a very low dose. Ideally, it should be 300/500 mg twice daily in an adult. Please discuss about this with your treating doctor.

My best wishes for a speedy recovery. Let me know if you have more queries.

deptt. of neurosurgery
Follow-up: Had temporal lobectomy. Experiencing pains near temples. Feel numbness and eyebrow feels heavy. Normal? 8 hours later
I had a cavernous malformation(abnormal blood vessels leaking blood on my brain)on the anterior frontal right lobe and I suffered from grand mal seizure's but I haven't had one for about 3 years. I lately have been getting these weird abdominal pains like toilet pains causing my left shoulder/neck to feel sore and I get really dizzy and then my hands and feet start getting clammy and usually the left side of my face gets funny sensations near the temple and my left eyebrow gets heavy and I get feelings like I want to throw up this usually will last for a good half an hour to an hour and then go away leaving me exhausted but still I don't fully recover ???
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Further investigations needed

Detailed Answer:
Operated cavernous malformation with right temporal lobectomy, developing occasional dizziness /funny sensations on left side of face / nausea etc. after five years may need further investigations.
I would suggest you to

1. Continue with your anticonvulsant medication, if you are taking.

2 take antiemetics /analgesics /anxiolytics for symptomatic relief

3. Get your MRI BRAIN +/_ MR ANGIOGRAPHY BRAIN to rule out any recurrence of malformation

4. Intra-arterial digital subtraction angiography may be needed if any recurrence is seen on MRI BRAIN