Had sex, took pills followed by bleeding. Rubbed penis on vagina but no ejaculation. Chances of pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
Hi Doctor

I am concerning the chance of getting pregnant of my girlfriend. we had sex on 29/7 and after that she took pills, around five days after, she started to bleed and two days later (11/8) I rubbed my penis outside her virgina (i didnt insert nor did i eject inside or on the virgina) Her mensuration cycle started from 15/7 and it varies. I am quite sure the bleeding after taking pills is not period. Is the chance of getting pregnant high? thank you very much!
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
PREGNANCY VERY LESS LIKELY.

Detailed Answer:
Hello

The success rate of emergency contraceptive pills is more than 95 % in preventing a pregnancy if taken within 24 hours of unprotected sex.
Also, the bleeding after 5 days is a common side effect of these pills.

The chances of pregnancy from the second act are almost zero, and the first time round, if the pills were taken on time, the risk again is very low.
Overall, the chances of pregnancy are very less.

Take care, and always use a regular form of contraceptive in the future.

Follow-up: Had sex, took pills followed by bleeding. Rubbed penis on vagina but no ejaculation. Chances of pregnancy? 25 hours later
thank you very much. but what if when i rub outside her virgina (there may be little penetration, coz i didnt break her virginity), some precum came out. will there be high possibility to get pregnant?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
VERY LOW RISK OF PREGNANCY

Detailed Answer:

Initially you mentioned that there was no insertion.

With slight penetration and precum, there is slight chance of pregnancy, however after taking emergency contraceptives, the risk is quite low.

Do not worry.

Follow-up: Had sex, took pills followed by bleeding. Rubbed penis on vagina but no ejaculation. Chances of pregnancy? 4 hours later
my girlfriend didnt take pills in the second act. I m quiet concerned about the second time. (i thought the bleeding was period, so it would be more safe) seems slight chance is still “high”
because i have heard of that small amount precum could still go up to the egg. but is that nearly impossible for sperm to swim at the entrance( or shallow level ) to the egg?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
DETAILED BELOW

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.
The second act as you mentioned involved no penetration.
A slight chance is a really less risk, not high as you think.
With no actual penetration and intact hymen, precum cannot enter the vaginal canal.