Had sex for first time. Took pill. Got periods only for two days. Can be pregnant?

Mar 2016

i had sex with my gf in XXXXXXX which was first time for her....after that she took pill and got her periods a week later. After that we never had sex. In July she says she got periods of 2 days which normally spans upto 5 days.
Also, she was slim but now she seems a bit fat overall. Also, her stomach part it feels is a bit more visible, but this thing is from 1 n half months. Could she be pregnant?
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 19 minutes later

First thing, emergency contraceptive pill (having levonorgestrel) gives more than 95% protection against unwanted pregnancy if it is taken within first 24 hrs of unprotected sex. She got withdrawal bleeding, similar to period, after one week. It is normal thing.

However, according to above clinical presentation, we need to rule out possible conception. Here, I suggest her to undergo one home pregnancy test at the earliest to check pregnancy status. Blood test for beta hCG is advisable for confirmation.

Following above test reports, you need to consult with gynecologist to perform clinical examination. One ultrasound scan will give additional information in this context. Proper management can be done only after diagnosis of the case.

Hope, above information is quite helpful to you for understanding. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health and practice safe & protected sex next time.

Dr Soumen