Had sex after shaving pubic region. Itchy bump appeared, feeling tired and have sore throat

May 2013
I shaved my pubic region Saturday morning and had sex that after noon. I woke up Sunday with a few bumps on my pubic region and today I am miserable- itchy, slight burning. I have three bumps that look like pimples. My left groin lymphnoid is swollen, I am tired, sore throat, and slight chills. What is this!?
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
According to your description there is possibility of some infection.
It can be due to shaving leading to folliculitis or pelvic infection due to sexual transmission.
As you are having generalized symptoms better to consult gynecologist once and get examined to find out the possible cause for your problem.
And according to that you can go for treatment.
Meanwhile you can take anti-inflammatory drugs for symptomatic relief.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.