Had severe headaches. Operated for cyst in uterus. What to do?

My Mom had severe headaches in recurring manner since last 1.5 to 2 yrs. she was operated 3 times for cyst in uterus and now it is ok. The last time she was operated in 1996. Since then everything was ok. But past few months’ frequency of headaches and its severity is increasing and going towards unbearable situation. Most frequent time for headache is morning 3 to 10.
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 1 hour later
Thanks for the query,
I understand your concern
Let me tell you that the causes of headache are many like migraine, tension headache, and brain infection/bleed/tumor and so on.
The possibility in your case could be migraine and/or tension headache
She will require a detailed neurological evaluation including a brain scan.
If the scan is normal, she will benefit with medications like amitryptiline, topiramate etc along with rest, relaxation and regular food-sleep habit

Let me know if you need any additional information
Best wishes
Dr Gopal Krishna Dash., MD (Medicine). DM (Neurology)., Post-doctoral fellowship (Epilepsy)
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist XXXXXXX Hrudayalaya Multispeciality Hospital

Follow-up: Had severe headaches. Operated for cyst in uterus. What to do? 26 minutes later
Thsnks for your prompt Replay.
My mom is in Baroda Gujarat & I am here in Bangalore. yesterday, she had same migrane and she went to doctor, & they found that her B.P. was very high 120/150 inspite of fact that she is a patient of low B.P.

does it mean anything ?
Please note that high BP can cause headache. I feel that she should undergo a CT scan of the brain to rule out any other cause of headache.
Let me know if I can help you in any way

best wishes
Follow-up: Had severe headaches. Operated for cyst in uterus. What to do? 36 minutes later
Thank you very much for your help.

sure, i will contact you for any further scanning. but problem is my mom is in baroda. so once after 2months she is here i will be doing all the scans.

i will let her go for the scannings in Baroda once i will be in person to baroda.

once again thanks.....

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 46 minutes later
Thanks for the feed back
Let me know in case you need any help