Had scarlet rash on chest and itchy spots on ankles and hands. Which specialist should I consult?

my wife had a scarlet rash on her chest and itching spots on ankles and hands, additional red spots on naval area. PCP prescribed prednisone and scabies meds. We have also fumigated the house twice, including washing and rewashing all linens and clothing. She has no fever, but feels painful stings. Benadryl (oral and topical) helps w/ the itching

She still has small red bumps between her breasts and on thighs. hands still itch. What can we do, and What type of specialist should I take her to?
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 2 hours later
Dear patient
Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
Scabies affects family together most of the times and night pruritis esp in body folds is the primary symptoms.
Treatment involves treating whole family on a single day with permethrin cream application for overnight application.
You should consult a dermatologist in your vicinity for a confirmed diagnosis and treatment.