Had radical hysterectomy. Feeling short of breath. Normal?

I had a radical hysterectomy on August 13th. I was short of breath immediately after the surgery when I tried to walk which didn't really concern me but now, almost a month later, I am still short of breath. Some days are worse than others. I don't have to be exerting myself, I can just be sitting down and be short of breath but of course, any exertion I do makes it worse. I know there is a 6-8 week recovery period but is this shortness of breath normal this late into recovery?. There are days when I wake up in the morning feeling good, but as soon as I get out of bed, I feel the shortness of breath start immediately. Is this normal? When should I expect to feel like myself again?
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
cardiac cause

Detailed Answer:
Shortness of breath at rest is even more serious .Usually due to a cardiac cause . It is unlikely that this is happening due to the surgery . Any anesthesia related complication can also be ruled out this late . It's important that you do some tests like a stress test , chest xray , echo and an ecg . Infection is unlikely since you dont have any fever . More than likely there is a cardiac cause or a pulmonary related cause . You should be examined by a cardialogist and an chest physician .