Had protected sex. Noticed small cut on penis, no blood or fluid. Could it be herpes?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Can I send you a photo of my penis so you could examine it for herpes or hpv?
Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 33 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I saw the pictures sent by you. It is not fit with either teeth XXXXXXX or with friction during intercourse. It doesn't seem to be due to Yeast infection and other STD ulcers.
Your ulcers look like Herpes Simplex. You had protected intercourse. But had an unprotected oral contact with that girl. This may be the source of the HSV ulcers. It is possible to get Herpes infection through oral sex. It is not big problem to be worried.
If you can consult your Physician, after a careful examination, he/she will help you for further investigation to arrive at the diagnosis. Then the treatment is also easy, as good medicines are available to heal HSV ulcers.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan