Had prolonged menstrual bleeding. Stopped after taking ibuprofen. Is the bleeding due to complex cyst?
User rating for this question
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Brief Answer: possible Detailed Answer: Hello Any kind of ovarian cyst can cause menstrual irregularities . It can cause prolonged menses or even irregular menses. However Ibuprofen cannot stop the bleeding. The treatment for the cyst will depend on the ultrasound findings . Any cyst larger than 5cm needs surgery . It's important that the the type of your cyst be identified . There are several types of cyst . Endometrioma is very common in the young age group . The ultrasound should be able to narrow it down . Treatment will depend on that . Meanwhile if the bleeding is heavy take tranexemic acid tablets thrice a day for a week . It will control the bleeding .
Follow-up: Had prolonged menstrual bleeding. Stopped after taking ibuprofen. Is the bleeding due to complex cyst? 11 hours later
thanx very muchactually this prolong menses started when I took in an overdose amount of homornal balance tablet 2 years ago.And ever since I need to take 2 tablets of ibuprofen before my menses stops. its not a very heavy flow just some spot of blood after the 5th day when my menses used to stop. its a bit of a worry to me. is there any medication to correct that and make my menses normal for 5 or 6 days as it used to be before. if not is the intake of ibuprofen to stop the menses quite safe.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Oral Contraceptive (OC) pills Detailed Answer: You should be on OC pills to help regularize your periods for a few months. If your cyst is small and doesn't need surgery then you should be on the pills to help control the cycle. Ibuprofen shouldn't be taken randomly for this reason. Talk to your doctor to get a prescription of the pill.
People also viewed
- Delayed periods and yet very light with only spotting
- Diagnosis of Prolonged menstrual bleeding
- Symptoms of Prolonged menstrual bleeding
- Prolonged menstrual bleeding causes
- Heart rate 162 over 98
- Prolonged menstrual bleeding menopause
- Can periods be delayed after intake of diane 35
- Is intake premolut-n for a delayed period a wise decision
- Does a uterus fibroid cause miscarriage
- How to overcome the problem of irregular periods
- Blood pressure 164 88
- How high is 16494 blood pressure
- Is 16494 blood pressure bad
- Heavy prolonged menstrual bleeding
- Is 164112 high bloodpressure