Had periods. Having cramps after unprotected sex and took ipill. Pain in stomach, lips are dry and pimples. Could I be pregnant?

Question
I had my periods on 25th last month. I then had unprotected sex on the 28th. I got a cramps a day later and I took an ipill. However, at the time I had consumed a little too much alcohol, if that makes a difference.
For the past few months, my period flow has been less than it used to be. I have been having my periods for 3-4 days as opposed to 5-6/7 days as I used to earlier.
The ipill had side effects (I took it for the third time, this time on the third day after sex) and I had excruciating pain in my stomach for 2-3 days. It then died down in a few days. My lips have too gone dry. I have simultaneously using my bcp for acne.
I am almost in the middle of my cycle. And I am supposed to ovulate. I started getting an outburst of pimples and I do not understand this. I read pimples can be a side effect of ipill, at the same time a symptom of pregnancy and happens during ovulation. I am not quite sure what to make of this.

In how much probability can I be pregnant? Please let me know how can I know this at the earliest?
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Low chances of pregnancy

Detailed Answer:

hi, the chances of pregnancy are low. you can do beta hcg from day 23 of periods every 3 days till you get periods. if you are in a relationship it's advisable to use regular contraceptive pills if no contraindications . acne may occur at any point and are hormone related . consumption of sugars can also cause them. pills can clear acne. please relax and do blood pregnancy test as advised.

best wishes

Follow-up: Had periods. Having cramps after unprotected sex and took ipill. Pain in stomach, lips are dry and pimples. Could I be pregnant? 1 hour later

Thank You for your reply. I will get the blood test done next week as advised. However, if I take a urine based home pregnancy test, will it be able detect pregnancy at this time? Given that I am assuming I conceived almost 2 weeks ago. Also, at which time of the day should I take the test. First thing in the morning or any time of the day? Can p;ease also let me know how can I prepone my periods? As in, which medicine should I take and when should I start taking it?

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Progesterone

Detailed Answer:
to prepone periods the most commonly used drug is medroxy progesterone acetate 10 mg twice daily for 5-7 days . user has to wait for 3-7 days after stopping the medicine to get menses

Follow-up: Had periods. Having cramps after unprotected sex and took ipill. Pain in stomach, lips are dry and pimples. Could I be pregnant? 25 minutes later
Thank You for your reply. I will get the blood test done next week as advised. However, if I take a urine based home pregnancy test, will it be able detect pregnancy at this time? Given that I am assuming I conceived almost 2 weeks ago. Also, at which time of the day should I take the test. First thing in the morning or any time of the day?

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
Urine preg test is later

Detailed Answer:
urine pregnancy test is unlikely to be positive before 28-30 days from day 1 of last periods. it's done with first morning sample