Had miscarriage as baby stopped growing. Have under active thyroid. What can be done?

Hi, I had a missed miscarriage. I only found out when I was almost 12 weeks pregnant they think the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks old, maybe a few days after the scan. When I was 8 weeks(the baby was 6 weeks old) I had a scan that showed a healthy baby with a good heartbeat. I have no explanation for this. I had high underactive thyroid and when I was in my 1st month of pregnancy my THS was 9.37 and my Free T4 was 11.4 but they managed to get my levels XXXXXXX during the pregnancy and they said its un likely to cause a misscarriage. I was excited about the baby but was under stress too and I keep blaming stress too and worry that my baby may have picked up on my stress. They just told me in the hospital that they cant say why this happened and it could even be a chromosome problem. Im so destressed as to not having an answer on why my little baby died. Any insight would be much obliged.

Also through a scan they saw I had a cyst on my ovary and they say its sujestive or a dermoid cyst but they done a CA 125 blood test, does this mean they suspect ovarian cancer?
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 1 hour later
Hi XXXXX, thanks for asking to XXXXXXX Sorry for the mishap.

Its true that in more than 50% cases of abortion, it is really difficult to find out a cause. Chromosomal abnormalities are the most common cause in such cases which can only be diagnosed by examination of aborted baby. In my opinion, in your case uncontrolled thyroid levels may also be a cause.
As per your history, your thyroid levels are controlled now. You should get yourself checked for thyroid auto antibodies and also get your blood sugar levels checked to rule out diabetes which might be a cause.

If these are in normal range and controlled then I will suggest you to not get stressed out much and after some time you can plan your pregnancy again with a positive thought. I hope this time it will work out.

Cyst in the ovary is not always a cancer. CA125 is done to rule out cancer. Dermoid cyst is a common cyst which is not cancerous.

Hope this helps.
If you have any query you can reach out to me directly at the following URL: