Had miscarriage. Started getting stomach ache and brownish discharge. What should I do?

i have brownish discharge dripping from me when i go for a wee or when i wipe i have stomach ache and i had a miscarriage in may which ended up with me in theater. I havnt had a regular period since i came off the depo injection in january 2011. this is exactly how my last miscarriage started last time.
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Not all cases of brown vaginal discharge are cause for concern. Brown vaginal discharge is most often associated with old endometrial tissues. In other words, if your period is late you might get a brown, rather than red, discharge. 

However,in some cases there is cause for concern. Brown vaginal discharge can also be a symptom of some medical concern,which should be explored.

Some common conditions causing brown vaginal discharge include: cervical cancer, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) or sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea, Chlamydia or vaginal warts etc.

I would advise you to consult a gynecologist and get required investigations like PAP smear,ultrasound abdomen done to arrive at the diagnosis.
Proper treatment can be instituted after the diagnosis is made.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck