Had minor slip disc twice and had undergone physiotherapy and Moveon tablet. Still pain in leg and hip

Spine Surgeon
Hi Doc,
I am XXXXX XXXXXXX (32 years), i have a question
I had minor slip disc in Jan2012 (L5-S1 posterior disc protrusion). post that 4 months back again i had a minor slip disc where i had undergone a week of major physiotherapy and Moveon tablet for 3 weeks.
though the pain is gone and i am able to walk properly. i still feel a pain moving down to my leg and hip ( not the bone)

Needs your help to overcome the same.

Thanks and Regards

Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 36 minutes later
Thanks for query,
You had L5S1 disc prolapse diagnosed 18 months back, improved by physiotherapy.

NowtThe type of radiating pain you are describing occurs usually due to nerve compression secondary to disc prolapse.

Try conservative measures again
-weight reduction if you are overweight
-proper sitting sit with back supported
- Consult physiotherapist again

Even with all this the pain persists/increases/bothers your routine life you may repeat MRI/consult specialist.
Hope this answers your query.