Had medical abortion using pills. After 10 days endometrium wall was found thick. Should I go for surgery?

May 2013
I had undergone a medical abortion using pills. After 10 days of abortion my endometrium layer thickness is 9.5mm. Should i go for surgical intervention for removal of extra thickness. My bleeding has stopped. I have no pain and no other complications. I have consulted a radiologist whose report tells uterus is in normal shape,size,echtexture and measures 68*38*42mm.
endometrial thickness is 9.5mm,vascularity present. no evidence of focal lesion seen in uterus and cervix. Both ovaries appear normal in shape, position and echotexture. No evidence of focal or diffuse lesion. No evidence of free liquid in pelvis.
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 15 minutes later

No need of any intervention in your case. As:
-You are not having symptoms like bleeding, pain abdomen etc.
-No retained products in the uterus.
-Ultrasound is normal.

In surgical abortion part of the endometrium layer will be removed by curettage but in medical abortion the products of conception only come out and sometimes thick endometrium may remain.
It will take sometime for shedding of that endometrium and for regeneration.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.