Had light spotting in periods. Experiencing dizzy spells, feeling tired and abdominal cramping. Causes for these symptoms?

Question
Hello. My last period (which usually has a medium/heavy flo) was aug 4th. On sept. 7th I had two days in a row of light pink spotting and some mild cramping in my lower left side (if you put your hands on your hips, where your fingers would be touching). Before this and presently I have been experiencing dizzy spells when breathing deeply or sometimes while walking. On and off, My legs and muscles feel tired to the point that I want to crawl back into bed for the whole day. It is currently September 10, and my flo just got heavier, a medium heavy (like normal) but these other symptoms have not left me. Especially the lower left abdomen cramping (every period I have had starts with severe abdominal cramping emanating from right between my hips). Went for a pregnancy test at the clinic, it was negative. Doc said symptoms sometimes happen due to low hormones? What could be causing these symptoms?
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pelvic infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX,
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX After analyzing your symptoms, you are having typical pre-menstrual spotting, this could be due to pelvic infection or PID (pelvic inflammatory disease). I dont think this is related to pregnancy, hence your pregnancy test is negative. Also hormonal imbalance can be attributed only after ruling out other causes which I have mentioned you earlier like infection or any cervical lesion/ problem.
For such complaints I usually prescribe a course of antibiotics like Doxycycline for my patients and mefenamic acid combination drugs to relieve pain abdomen and decreasing the menstrual flow.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
WWW.WWWW.WW