Had left and right pelvic pain. Done with ultrasound. Lump on cervix. Suggest the treatment?

Mar 2013
Hi I am 46 yrs old and have had left and right pelvic pain for 5 months. Mirena in for 4 yrs. ivarian cysts 2 yrs ago. Had ultrasound today no cysts but think they found something in uterus. Technician said not major but I'm worried. Also I felt for mirena strings and they're not there plus got lump on cervix.
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Please do upload your ultrasound scan report so that I guide you better after going through it.
I need to know what it was that they found in the uterus, also, if the Mirena was displaced or expelled, it would show on the scan.
Also, regarding the lump on the cervix, you need an XXXXXXX examination ( per vaginum and per speculum ) in addition to an ultrasound ( which you have already had ).
The pain could be because of uterine fibroids, thickening of the wall or lining of the uterus ( respectively called adenomyosis or endometrial hyperplasia ), a pelvic infection, or last, a growth on the cervix since you mentioned a lump.
Do write back with fuller details so that I can assist you accordingly.
The Mirena might have got displaced a bit upwards, hence you might not be feeling the strings, that is common.
Take care, and looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Follow-up: Had left and right pelvic pain. Done with ultrasound. Lump on cervix. Suggest the treatment? 7 minutes later
Thanks for that. They gave me no results or scans as I have to pick them up on Monday. The technician just said nothing in ovaries and she could see mirena. When I asked if the problem was in my uterus she said she couldn't tell me but wasn't major. When I got home I checked for strings if XXXXXXX as never have and found lump in cervix. Had Pap smear in January all clear.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 6 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Please let me know the scan reports, as am sure you would understand that I can guide and comment reliably only based on what was found in there.
If Mirena could be seen, dont worry.
Probably you just found the normal cervical os ( mouth ) and mistook it for a lump.
With a recent clear Pap smear, the possibility of having any abnormal growth on the cervix is quite less.
Also please visit a gynecologist for a per vaginum and per speculum examination which will conclusively tell you if the cervix is normal.