Had intercourse after 5 years and I had bleed all over the place. Is this normal?

I am 36 and I have not have not been sexually active for about 5 1/2 years after having my child. All paps have been normal since then. I had intercourse the other night and I had bleed all over the place. Is this normal?
Posted Sat, 6 Oct 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 33 minutes later
your all paps test are normal, it means cervical carcinoma; the most serious cause of post coital bleeding has been ruled out.
If intercourse is done after a long interval, you can get vaginal lacerations due to unaccustomed vagina.
However it would be very difficult to be confirm without local examination.
So consult your gynaecologist for local examination & further evaluation.
I will be available for your further follow up queries.