Had intercourse. Noticed brownish discharge, painful while urinating. What could be the problem?

May 2013
l am a female and l am 19year old, recently l had sex with a female and since then l have been
noticing a yellowish or brownish discharge, it itchy and pepperish and when l want to
urinate, l feel pain.
please what could the problem be?
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

the possible cause of your symptoms are,

vaginal infection which might have occurred during intercourse,
-bacterial vaginosis: which can occur due to overgrowth of normal bacteria in the vagina,
that can present with brownish discharge, itching and fishy odor,

-gonorrheal infection: that can present with yellowish discharge, itching, urethritis causing pain during urination, increased frequency of urination etc,

-chlamydial infection: usually this will present with whitish discharge but sometimes can also present with yellow discharge, itching, urethritis etc.

so you once consult gynecologist and undergo physical examination to note the characteristics of the discharge and swab can be taken from the discharge for culture and sensitivity, depending on the result treatment can be taken.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.