Ask a Urologist   »  

Had hysterectomy done. Getting urge to pee with painful urination. Cause and cure?

I need to pee, all the time. I've had a hysterectomy in November last year and after that I had this urge that later went away by itself.its starting to get painful and im afraid im going to exhort the muscle too much and do major damage
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 minutes later
Your symptoms indicate that you might have a UTI). Not to worry, as it is not something which is untreatable or life threatening, but you need a prompt medical attention to address this issue of your's to confirm it. Kindly visit a Gynecologist, so that he/she may do a physical assessment and suggest few tests like Bloodwork, Urinalysis, Urine Culture or Ultrasound abdomen to rule out Urinary infection, to authenticate his/her clinical findings.

Your treatment plan will be formulated accordingly after confirmation. Antibiotics are the typical treatment for a UTI.
Please do not worry and start taking plenty of fluids orally. With proper treatment, the pressure you are feeling will be alleviated and there will not be any damage to the perineal muscles.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. RakhiTayal.