Had hysterectomy and Ovaries uterus cervix. Have blood in urination and have passe big clot. Suggest?

I'm 4 weeks post op from davinci hysterectomy. Ovaries uterus cervix. I started a little pink blood this week when wiping from urination. Then Saturday I passed a golf ball sized clot n have dripped slowly bright red blood but not enough for a panty liner all day. It is not from urine stream. Is this ok?
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.

It is not unusual to have some clear to bloody discharge or to pass clots after a surgery. It is a bit unusual however for this to occur one month after the procedure. It sounds as if otherwise you feel relativeley well.

I would recommend you bring this to the attention of your surgeon. He may prefer to see you in the office for a brief exam to verify that everything is fine and that healing is occuring as expected.

Thanks again for the query. Let me know if you have any additional specific concerns.

Dr. Galamaga