Had high fever with cold and cough. Started with paracetamol and amoxycilin. Typhoid positive. On Cefixme antibiotic. Help?

Hello Doctor, Two weeks back i had high fever with cold and cough. I started with paracetamol and amoxycilin as per my family doctor's advice. To rule out all possibilities a Widal test was done. Fever then subsided in a couple of days but i was still feeling tired. No loose motion, abdominal pain. vomiting etc. The result of Widal test was Typhoid positive. Since then i'm on Cefixme antibiotic. Now i have sometimes very light fever especially when i'm on bed and slight heavy head when i get up from my bed. Light wheezing is there during night. Otherwise i'm active. But i still feel tired. I'm worried if this is still typhoid. Can you please confirm on the same and help me in diagnosing it.
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Viral fever needs to be considered.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into our problem I see that you are having problems of having malaise , fatigue after fever .Well typhoid depends upon what the titre of your test was . Sometimes widal test comes false positive also .

Whenever you suffer from prolonged fever it leads body drained out so post fever fatigue is common . It happens more common with viral fever . But there is nothing to worry about it . I would advise you to take a multivitamin tablet along with your antibiotics . You can take paracetamol if fever comes after consulting your treating physician.

Dr. Shruti