Had foreplay after periods. Took i pill. Have light bleeding. Delayed periods. Negative pregnancy test. Chances of pregnancy?

Question
I had foreplay with my bf on 19th XXXXXXX I had finished my periods on 12th XXXXXXX We did not have intercourse but his precum might have touched my vagina during fingering. I took ipill on 20th XXXXXXX I had light bleeding on 30th XXXXXXX and 1 st july. but I have not had my periods till now. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests and all show negative results. I am very worried. can I be pregnant??
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 1 hour later
Hi XXXXX, thanks for the asking the query on XXXXXXX

As per the details which you have provided in the query, your periods should have come in the month of July and as now today is already 3rd of August, there is a possibility that you might be pregnant.

Urine pregnancy test may be negative in early pregnancy and can not be relied upon (even if it is negative for 4 times) to rule out pregnancy.

In my opinion you should have an urgent Serum Beta HCG test with a repetition after 48 hour from same lab for confirmation of your pregnancy status and location.

Good Luck.
Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.
If you had any further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Had foreplay after periods. Took i pill. Have light bleeding. Delayed periods. Negative pregnancy test. Chances of pregnancy? 12 hours later
I did serum beta hcg test and the test result shows my beta hcg as less than 0.10 mIU/ml. Is there any chance of being pregnant?

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 16 hours later

The results of Serum Beta HCG mentioned does not indicate towards pregnancy.

Now you need to undergo some more investigation to find out the exact caue of amenorrhoea such as Complete blood profile, blood sugar, thyroid profile and USG of uterus and adnexa.

Also you can take progesterone tablets for 3-5 days after prescription from a qualified Health care professional, for a withdrawal bleed to occur.

Good Luck.
WWW.WWWW.WW