Had food poisoning, have another episode of it. Was given dompass, vizzylac. Take it again?

Hi, my wife had food poisoning last year in August 2011 with loose motion. The doctor then asked her to take 2 caps of redotil and the following
- Dompass, Vizzylac and o2.
Since yday, she is again having loose motion. What medicine shd she take. i have redotil, Dompass, Vizzylac, o2 at home right now. Shd she take that or go for Lomofen?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 55 minutes later

Your wife had an episode of 'food poisoning' in August 2011 for which she was given a course of antibiotics and supportive medicine. She also has history of urinary infection in past.

I would suggest you get a stool and urine culture done. Meanwhile put her on a milk free diet, give her black tea with lemon, salt and sugar;carrot soup, well mashed khichdi, curd rice and bananas. You can also give her lomotil twice a day till reports come.

You may consider giving her Redotil and Vizzylac. They are over the counter medications. It will help her.

Today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation / Your doctor will know about these drugs.

Hope my answer has been of help.

Wishing your wife good health.