Had flu. Getting pain on face, pimple like bump on eyelid. Taking antibiotic for sinus infection. Suggestion

I had the flu two and a half weeks ago. 5 days ago I had a terrible headache behind my right eye. By the following day, the pain moved down the right side of my face to my ear. My scalp was very tender, almost felt sunburned on the right side. Now I have pimple like bumps on my right eye lid up into my scalp. I am on my last day of an antibiotic for a sinus infection, but I don't think that is what I have.
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 18 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

When persons are suffering or recovering from the flu, the immune system is impaired.
During this time other infections can surface.

The pain on the side of your face followed by bumps sounds like varicella zoster. In persons who had a history of chicken pox in childhood, there is always a risk of zoster.
The virus remains in the system and surfaces when the immune system is impaired as yours is at present.

It can only be confirmed by a visit to your doctor.
The mainstay of treatment is the use of pain medications because it will resolve. The degree of discomfort varies and this will impact on the strength of medication needed.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions