Had family planing operation done. Care to take and how many days to have regular sex?

Sep 2013

hi doctor, i want to know that, my wife' s family planing operation done on 19/04/2012, so, what type of care we should take and how many days...
hi and reference to earlier question after how many days we can do regular sex
Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 43 minutes later

Thanks for posting question here.

A very good question.

Family planning operation that on 19/4/12 as mentioned in your query so at present there is no need of any precautions.

But presuming that she operated on 19/4/2013 and in that sense I am answering.

First of all I want to tell you that family planning operation means 'CLAMPING" of fallopian tubes ( one on each side of uterus) and there after surgeon cut the tubes in between clamped portion so that ovum could not reach in uterus for fertilization.

Usually this operation done by Laproscope after a small incision in abdomen below umbilicus.
For 3 months operated woman should not pick up heavy weight over head and through hands (so undue pressure don't exert on abdominal muscles).

As far as concerned about intercourse you can do regular intercourse after 7-10 days after operation.
Just take mild precaution that rough intercourse should be avoided for 3 months.

As far as concerned about diet of patient, there is no need of any regulation about this.

Hope I have answered your query.

If further any question I will be happy to help you.

Wish you a good luck for your family life.