Had cervical cauterization for small vaginal erosion with laser and had ovarian drilling. Can I have intercourse?

Mar 2013
I had a cervical cauterization due to a small vaginal erosion last week. It was done with laser. Also, 23 days ago I had ovarian drilling done.

My question is can I start having intercourse with my husband already?
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
After cervical cauterization, ideally for 6 weeks , sexual intercourse is better avoided.
This is because it takes that much time for the cervical and vaginal epithelium to heal itself.
Intercourse would again abrade the recently cauterized erosion.
Hence please refrain from intercourse, douching etc for the next three weeks also.
All the best.
Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Had cervical cauterization for small vaginal erosion with laser and had ovarian drilling. Can I have intercourse? 29 hours later
As far as the ovarían drilling when do you advise to have inter course? I've been bleeding on and off and I don't know if its my period or if its cause by the cauterization. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
The on and off bleeding and spotting is a common side effect of the cervical cauterization.
That is why intercourse is best avoided, as the abrasion would worsen before it had adequate time to heal.
6 weeks is more than enough for recovery from the ovarian drilling too.
Before resuming sexual activity , it is desirable to consult your doctor for an XXXXXXX per speculum and per vaginal examination to ensure that the erosion has satisfactory responded to the cauterization and healed.