Had cataracts, itching on eyelid, circles around eyes, brown line on eyelids. What is the glassy stuff on eyelids?

Hi. The past year I have had trouble with my eyes. Within 6 months of having my eyes examed I had cataracs in both eyes. I also noticed that my eyes were itching on eyelid and if I touched my eyelid it felt like shards of glass. Then I now have a complete circle around both my eyes. Eyelids have brown line. I have had catarcs removed. What is the glass stuff on my lids and why do I have a brown line on my upper lid and a complete circle around my eyes. ugly black puffy
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 15 hours later
thanks for sending your query to us.
this appears to be some kind of allergy.You must have used steroid drops locally after cataract surgery.If it were allergy then those steroid drops should have helped with your problem.
in your case steroid drops and lubricant drops 3-4 times a day and in case if needed oral anti allergic would help.
Some soothing application like calamine lotion should also be helpful.
Please do get back to me in case of any difficulty.