Had brain tumor operation and on eptoin. Facing double vision, burning sensation in foot. Side effects of surgery ?

Hi Dr,

I am XXXXXXX ,I had a brain tumor(cyst) operation last 4 yrs back. I am attaching an MRI brain report which may be useful to you. I am on eptoin tablets since then.

Now since the surgery I am facing few side effects like Double vision in the left eye , burning in the foot.Vision has improved gradually, but burning sensation remains

Please could you suggest me any solution for it
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 46 hours later
Hello and Thanks for the query.

Regarding double vision it can be due to either side effect of Eptoin or abnormal eye movements due to the problem in the cerebellum because of the tumor which controls the eye movements. Usually if it is a side effect of the drug you will have drowsiness and double vision within 1-2 hours of taking the medicine. I feel probably it is due to the tumor which was on the cerebellum which controls the eye movements.

Regarding the burning sensation in the feet could be due to Neuropathy. However it is not related to Eptoin or your tumor. It needs evaluation to find out the reasons.

So I suggest to XXXXXXX a neurologist to look for signs of neuropathy. You can also sort the problem of double vision by good neurological examination. However you symnptoms are not life threatening. Your MRI shows decrease in the size of the lesion.

Thanks again for the query. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative.

If you have any additional concerns, I would be happy to address them.