Had bouts where hands will shake for no reason and have tingling sensation in arm. Started getting dizzy

Over the past few years I've had occasional bouts where my hands will shake for no reason and I'll have a tingling/burning sensation going down my right arm. Lately though I've started getting dizzy as well. What is happening to me?
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Omer 1 hour later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query.

As you have said that that you are a female of 29 years , having a long term problem for years in right arm with pain/burning/tingling sensation , and getting dizzy.

Following will be the plausible cause.

In many people , there is an extra rib , attached to your lower part of your neck , normally there is no rib in the neck.

That rib when present on the right side of the neck causes compression of nerves of right arm , and produces these tingling/burning sensation in your right arm uptil fingers ( as your arm has slept).

When you look to the left side , your symptoms will increase ?

In the right shoulder and arm pit there is a network of nerves supplying the right arm , and this network of nerves is known as brachial plexus , pressure produced by extra rib above and below on these nerves cause your symptoms.

The extra rib in your lower part of the neck also cause dizziness , while you are walking , or getting above from bed and this is known as cervical dizziness , as the extra rib also produces pressure on your neck spinal cord.

If you get a normal chest and neck x-ray , any doctor can pick up an extra rib on your right side , different nerve stabilizing drugs can decrease your arm symptoms+dizziness.

I hope this explains your query in detail.

Feel free to ask any further questions.

Take care,