Had an unprotected oral sex and having dark brown line on the tip of penis. Should I be worried?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Hello I have had an unprotected oral sex with some one I don't know . and It was the biggest mistake I ever mad , it was just a day ago and when I got home I checked on my penis if there is something wrong since I was worried . I found think dark brown line on the tip of my penis . which hurts now ,and this was about half n hour after the oral . I havnt notice any itch or redness or anything else ., I am scared to death . I don't feel like eating and my heart beat has been fast since yesterday . I cant sleep at night or focus on anything . please I need your help . I think I have notice the line before I had oral(not sure) but it never had pain . now it hurts when touch anything but sometimes no pain , I really need help asap before it turns into something . can it be herpes ? but I havnt notice any itch or redness yet . I already have a lot going on and can not afford this at all . hope to hear from you thanks
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be a trauma or a bite XXXXXXX not a STD/HIV

Detailed Answer:
Hi Ammar,

As per CDC Atlanta, the risk of HIV from oral sex is very low. Further herpes infection will manifest as vesicles then as tiny grouped ulcers. Your symptoms does not fit the description of Genital Herpes infection. Moreover all other manifestations of STD will take more than 3 days to manifest not immediately on the next day.

Earliest HIV manifestations will take at least 3 -4 weeks to manifest that too with 'FLU' like syndrome with fever not as pain over genitals.

As you find the brown line already on your penis, you can think of trauma,or teeth XXXXXXX that cause you the pain. It will likely to settle within few days and there is nothing serious to worry. Yeast infection through oral coitus is another possibility.

You can plan tests for HIV and other STDs after 3-4 weeks to confirm that you are totally free from HIV and STD. That should rest all your fears.

Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr S.Murugan