Had an Endometrial ablation. No periods. Willing to do IVF. Chances of pregnancy?

Hi i am 30 years old, had an endo ablation Feb 2012, no periods, but lining of 5mm. Will i ever be able to have a baby again?? I am willing to do IVF or anything that i can.
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Of course you can ma'am, be patient

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

I understand you are concerned, which is why I shall provide you with all the information you need to take this forward.

You should know that the ideal endometrial thickness for successful conception is considered to be between 10-18 mm. Although conception is possible with a thickness of 6 mm also, but below this thickness, conception is rarely possible without treatment.

Treatment for a thin endometrium includes two approaches:
1. To increase blood supply to the reproductive system
2. Increase estrogen effect on uterus

Even if you decide to go ahead with IVF or other assisted fertility techniques, you will still have to go about the above two approaches, so why not directly initiate the above two approaches and hope you can conceive without IVF. I shall now list the treatment options:
-Hormonal supplement therapy using estradiol E2
-Human menstrual gonadotropin: This helps in increasing other hormones that in turn result in increasing estrogen production and uptake
-Coenzyme Q10: increases blood supply to the reproductive organ
-Femoral artery massage: increases blood supply to reproductive region
-Mild exercise improves circulation
-At least 7 hours of sleep daily
-Lose weight if you are overweight

Please do not stress ma'am. I am sure we can find a plausible solution to your problems. Please be patient and schedule an appointment with a fertility expert who will monitor and guide you through successful conception. You may discuss all my above mentioned suggestions with him/her. I wish you all the best, and I am sure you will soon conceive and go on to deliver a healthy and beautiful baby. Please feel free to write back to me anytime.

Best wishes.