Had a tubal ligation, one ovary removed due to cyst. Missing periods. What is causing this?

Hi there, I am 43 years old and had a tubal ligation approximately 15 years ago....I had one ovary removed due to a cyst. I missed my period in October and now I am currently going thru symptoms of a period but still no period. This would be two months in a row i have had symptoms of a cycle but no bleeding. I have been tired more than usual the past few months. I should have started my cycle like 6 days ago...any info would help..thanks
Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
You may be experiencing peri-menopause symptoms.You may have delayed periods,irregular cycles hot flushes,bodyache etc.
You can get a hormone profile done to check if the levels are high.
Also get started on calcium supplementation.Peri menopause causes osteoporosis so you have some bodyache,back pain etc.
I suggest that wait and watch for a few months.You can get the hormone test done in a few months if the symptoms continue.