Had a regular period and bedding again. What could be the cause for bleeding?

Sep 2013

Hi had a regular period, then two weeks later started again and I have been bleeding for going on three weeks now. Fresh blood, bright red and pretty heavy, what could cause this?
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Dysfunctional uterine bleeding. Detailed Answer: Hello,XXXX. Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum. I would come up with these possibilities for this type of bleeding , these includes. 1 Dysfunctional uterine bleeding due to fibroid or endometriosis , diagnosis can be confirmed by ultrasound of uterus . Sudden continue bleeding after regular bleeding may be due to fibroid in uterus . This is the most common cause in this age group of patients (37 years). 2 Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease , diagnosis can be confirmed by ultrasound of both ovaries.Irregular bleeding after regular bleeding is a characteristic feature of PCOD cases. 3 Hormonal imbalance is one of the most important cause of heavy bleeding due to very early perimenopause . Diagnosis can be confirmed by blood examination for estrogen, estardiol, androgen , F S H / L H ration . As evaluation of hormones value will also help in diagnosis of pcod case. In my opinion consult gynecologist as physical examination play an important role to rule out any local cause situated in uterus or cervix and get his opinion and treatment . Hope I have answered your question. If further any question ask again. Good luck. Dr. HET