Had a hysterectomy. Have lasting hot flashes and prespire profusely. Take chlorstal for BP. Suggest?

May 2013
I had a hysterectomy 20 years ago. I still have terrible long lasting hot flashes ( what my Dr. calls them). But I prespire profusely every day while doing nothing. Standing. combing my hair or putting my make up on. Preparing a meal. Then I feel weak & wiped out. I don't feel this is normal. My Dr. Says I just have a over hot body. I take. b/p meds. Chlorstal meds. & break out in huge hives every night if I don't take a zertec tab. every night. PLease help me. I'm so tired living like this. Everyone around me will be cold while I'm always dripping wet hot to the bone. XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 27 minutes later

Increased FSH levels are responsible for postmenopausal symptoms and usually these symptoms will subside after few years of hysterectomy.
But as you are having them for long period, better to go for:
-Thyroid profile once.
-Try tranquilizers to decrease anxiety.
-You can use phytoestrogens for few months with your doctor's advice, as these can help in decreasing the FSH levels.
With this workup possibly your symptoms will decrease.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.