Had USG-abdomen scan.Part of the right lobe of liver was removed. Should I be worried about the findings?

My father had a USG-Abdomen scan done today and the conclusions are as follows:-
1. Grade II fatty changes in liver; No SOL of liver seen at Present. Mild to moderate rise in echogenicity seen.
2. Grade I - II prostatomegaly with features of bladder outlet obstruction - irregular and mildly thickened UB wall, significant post void resididual urine (~220cc)
3.Prosatrate - median lobe hypertrophy.
4. Kidneys - Maintained cortico-medullary differentiation noted bilaterally.
5. Gall bladder is partially distentended.

Request explain his condition with special reference to liver and Prostrate. He had an operation where a part of the right lobe of the liver was removed 3 years back. What is SOL ?
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

1.Grade II fatty liver with mild to moderate increase in echogenicity means there is fat infiltration into liver due to which there is increase in brightness

2.SOL means space occupying lesion, that is any mass. In USG abdomen it is absent

3.There is increased in size of prostrate which is usual at this age.

4.There are features if bladder outlet obstruction due to irregular and thickened urinary bladder wall means that is thickening in wall of urinary bladder that lead to obstruction of the lumen from where the urine passes due to which urine volume which should be minimal after voiding,is increased to 220ml. So I think CTscan of abdomen is required to see for the pathology in urinary bladder. It can be malignant also

since there is past history of HCC and surgery and there is recent increase in serum alpha fetoprotein may suggest there is recurrence of HCC. For which again CECT abdomen or MRI abdomen is required

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.