Had TURP surgery. Still having blood in urine. Solution?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had a turp operation 32 days ago. There is still blood in my urine.How serious is this?
Posted Sat, 7 Jul 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
After a TURP surgery, mild bleeding can continue for upto 5-6 weeks. It takes some time for the XXXXXXX wounds to heal. Most of the times it is the old blood which comes out in the form of minor clots.
Drink plenty of water to flush the system. If you notice heavy bleeding or blood clots which block your flow of urine, you should contact your physician for advice.
Persistent fresh bleeding could indicate infection or bleeding disorders.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.