Had ERDC after a missed miscarriage followed by light periods. Have not had periods. Suggestion?

Mar 2013
I had an erdc in March after a missed miscarriage. I had a period around the 4th of May but I am used to heavy periods and this was light enough compared to what I am used to. I have not had a period since. Could I be pregnant?
Posted Fri, 5 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 14 minutes later
One obvious cause is pregnancy, for the problem you have described.
Other reasons could be -
1. Alteration in the menstrual cycle for upto 3 months is common after an abortion.
2. Excessive curettage ( scraping of the uterine wall ) during D and C can lead to lighter periods.
3. An infection resulting from the abortion can lead to lighter periods.
4.Anemia due to excessive blood loss during abortion.
5. Stress, anxiety, weight gain or loss, hectic travelling etc,hypothyroidism, polycystic ovaries, endometrial disease etc.

Please consult a Gynecologist and have a complete evaluation including relevant blood tests and transvaginal ultrasound.
Follow-up: Had ERDC after a missed miscarriage followed by light periods. Have not had periods. Suggestion? 1 hour later
You have mentioned 3 times in the reply above re having an abortion!!!!
I have not had an abortion, i had a missed miscarriage. I've been so happy with all of your answers in my other queries but this has really maddened me. The hurt and pain that myself and my husband have gone through already with losing our baby is only made worse by that answer.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
First and foremost, it was a really bad accusation that you made.
Being a doctor firstly makes me a sensitive human being, and a scientific person later.
A missed miscarriage is called in our terms as a " missed abortion ".
An abortion is termination of the pregnancy due to any reason - one among them is voluntary abortion, but the more common reasons are due to absent cardiac activity ( missed abortion ), or other reasons.
This is known as missed abortion.
Please google the phrase.
I can attach links for you for your perusal

WWW.WWWW.WW tw/intr/intr5/c6700/obgyn/f/web/Miss%20abortion/index.htm

I apologize for hurting your feelings unintentionally, but please understand that being accused in this manner by you is equally hurtful to me as a doctor and as a human being.
I hope you can read my answer in the light in which it was written.