Got vomiting after taking ipill. Should I take it again?

Mar 2016

Me n my gf had unprotected sex in morning at around 9am nd she consume an ipill at around 10am.....she vomit around 1:30pm....does she need to take an ipill again....I too dont ejaculated inside her.....
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. S Patra 44 minutes later

First of all, pregnancy depends on proper timing of ovulation or fertile period and unprotected sex with ejaculation.

Pre-ejaculatory or prostatic fluid, secreted prior to ejaculation, contains small amount of sperm and causes pregnancy in some percentage. Withdrawal method has failure rate 15-28%.

In this case, taking I-pill is good choice and it gives protection more than 95% against unwanted pregnancy. As she vomits 3 hrs after consuming the pill, then it seems that pill is completely absorbed. Here, no additional pill is required. Nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramp are very common side effect following taking the pill.

Withdrawal bleeding will appear within 7 days of taking the pill and next period may be delayed or earlier due to hormonal imbalance & mental stress. In case of period delayed more than 7 days, she needs to undergo one home pregnancy test with urine and consult with doctor following test report.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish her good health & practice safe sex in future.

Dr Soumen.