Got small boils on inner vagina. Is regular skipping safe? What precaution should be taken?

hi does it harm women in harm anyway if they do regular skipping. what are the precautions you should take?i am a 31 year old woman. I also want to check about these small boils I get on the inner part of my vagina, it stays for a few days and then goes on its own. What should I do?
Posted Fri, 15 Feb 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Regular skipping,is a good form of exercise.It doesnt harm your health in anyway.You might just avoid it during your menses,if you require to,since it can cause some heavy bleeding/cramps. If you dont have these problems,then there is no problem.
The eruptions you have mentioned on your vagina,can occur due to 2 causes. Either,its folliculitis,which is basically swollen hair glands.If you shave your pubic hair,it occurs often.Or even if the sebum glands are blocked.These usually are seen on the labia majora/vulva.
Other possibility is the boils may be due to blocked glands on the inside of the vagina,due to secretions. Often called Bartholin's cyst.But in this case,they are seen inside the inner lips of the vagina on the lower side.Either of these conditions are not a problem.Both will resolve on its own. Since you have mentioned,inner part of the vagina,im assuming the 2nd cause. Check out the location again,carefully and get back to me again.
Follow-up: Got small boils on inner vagina. Is regular skipping safe? What precaution should be taken? 17 minutes later
Thanks doctor, Would you suggest I get any investigation done for the boils which I get on my vagina? These boils come and go on their own once in a few months..also I wanted to know if this is hygiene related?

When I get these boils I feel like pressing the area, what is the reason for the same?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 20 minutes later
It can be hygiene related,as i said,it may occur due to accumulation of secretions. Make sure you maintain good hygiene.If there is no pain,inflammation,itching etc chances of infection are low.Until then no need for any tests. Apply hot fomentation instead of pressing them.Pressing them may cause pain. Sometimes,if there is accumulation of pus due to infection,then there may be pain/inflammation.
Since i cannot examine you,i cant confirm the location. But i would also suggest that std be ruled out if applicable in your case. Otherwise,bartholin's cyst/folliculitis are 2 of the commonest causes seen.
Follow-up: Got small boils on inner vagina. Is regular skipping safe? What precaution should be taken? 25 minutes later
So how do I determine it's not an STD? Is there a test? Or should I just wait and see if it resurfaces? Can I get in touch with you then?
Also are you in Bombay? And do you have a clinic?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 36 minutes later
Wait till it shows up again. There are tests for stds but you will have to be examined first to that the correct tests can be prescribed. Im not based in Bombay now but you can send a direct query to me via XXXXXXX