Got red painful rashes on the penis and sore throat, fatigue after sex. What tests should be done?

Question
Hi doctor I am suffering from red painful rashes on the penis after sex , help please diagnosing the symptoms , It was unprotected sex with my fiance . She is also suffering from burning sensation and some rash like condition . Suffering from sore throat and fatigue also . What kind of tests i need to undergo and the medication
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 3 hours later
Thanks for your question.
Throat infection may have relation to your rash if you practice oral sex. There are many infectious diseases that may present with rash & fatigue.
I think you both should have some tests like:
Throat swab, urethral swab & urine culture & sensitivity for you.
Throat swab, Urethral swab, urine culture & sensitivity, vaginal swabs & cervical swabs for your fiance.
These test will most likely tell you the type of infection you are suffering from & the reports will guide about the medication you both will be needing.
If you have fever or other systemic symptoms you may need certain blood tests as well.
Please see a Gynecologist & a Urologist for expert opinion as clinical examination along with a detailed history is likely to provide many helpful clues towards diagnosis.
Hope this answers your query. Please write back if you have any question.
Regards.