Got pain and swelling in thigh and testicle. Is it hernia? Ayurvedic treatment?

Ayurveda Specialist
I am XXXXXXX from bangalore. I am getting pain near left side meeting of thighs & testicles,, There is also slight swelling. Is it hernia & is there ayurvedic traetment for this
Posted Mon, 14 Jan 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 15 hours later
Given your description, it sounds like an inguinal hernia. As far as ayurvedic treatment is concerned, it is an abnormal opening which causes the hernia so no medicine can close this opening permanently. The opening has to be stitched. We can offer help by making stools loose and by applying hernia belt externally. With this, chances of the hernia increasing and being strangulated are much reduced.
You can have trifla vati or panch sakar churan to keep bowel slightly loose.
Wish you perfect health.
Rajesh Lakhanpaul