Got flu shot and noticed injection spot is hard lump. Skin is red, blotchy, itchy and sensitive to touch

Dermatologist
Question
Hi

I just got a flu shot on Tuesday. Yesterday I noticed the injection spot is a hard lump. On the surface of the skin it is red blotchy raised and itchy. It feels burning underneath the surface and sensitive to touch.
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
allergic reaction

Detailed Answer:
There is a possibility that you have developed an allergic reaction to the vaccine.
It is a common thing and you dont need to worry.
Apply a mild steroid cream like hydrocortisone 1% to the affected area and take an antihistamine tablet.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.