Got fever. Test showed tht citric acid content high. Not cured by medication. How to get cured?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
hello dr,
i got fever for last 4days. there is no change in my condition. blood and urine tested. the test result shows tht citric acid content is high. doctor prescribed meftal,norilet. he suggests to drink lots of water. bt no change in my condition. kindly suggest me wht to do to get an immediate cure

Posted Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 2 hours later
Please give some more information about your fever ,whether there are chills,cough,cold body pain,abdominal pain,etc so that the cause can be localized.
Have they tested for dengue,malaria etc?
If your fever continues you should be tested for above diseases and typhoid.
High citric acid does not mean infection alone and urine culture result should be seen. What was the urine culture result?
You are on antibiotics.
May be it is simple viral fever also.
How high is the fever?

Take paracetamol ( like crocin or fepanil)500mg two tablets every 6 hrs and then if fever goes up in between take meftal.
(After food.)

Good luck
Dr Uma