Got bone fracture in bone. Having blood vomiting, dark stool and stomach swelling. Any relation?

Question
Hi,my father recently met with a road accident.he suffered a fracture in the right tie and the testes bone joint got dislocated.after the surgery and a week later he compkained of vommiting and hiccups.now 2 weeks later he is vommiting blood , dark stool and stomach swelling. What could be the cause?
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 13 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the question,
He certainly has gastrointestinal tract hemorrage or bleeding. This requires an urgent endoscopy/firboscopy and an urgent evaluation by a gastroenterologist.
I suggest you take him to the emergency department for resuscitation care and rapid contacting of the gastroenterologist on call.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo Bain, MD. Its an emergency to be evaluated please.