Got UTI, -ve STDs & HIV. Partner have symptoms similar to gonorrhea. Did i transmit UTI?

I have a long distance relationship (well I did) and last week I went to visit my boyfriend in his country. I haven't slept with anyone since meeting him and after getting negative test results for common STDS and HIV. During my trip I got an UTI and started taking antibotics for it. Two days after leaving, my boyfriend told me I had given him an STD. He had symptoms much like an STD. His doctor told him he had something similar to gonorrhea, but couldnt give me the name. Did I somehow transmit the urinary tract infection or should I assume that he was the one sleeping around?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Since your tests for STDs were negative before you visited your friend, the urinary infection that you have got is most likely transmitted to you by your friend.
You also need to get yourself evaluated for gonorrhea infection.
Female to male transmission is less likely while it is the male who most commonly transmits the urinary infection to the female partner.
From your description it seems that your partner is sleeping around and is getting infection from somewhere else.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Got UTI, -ve STDs & HIV. Partner have symptoms similar to gonorrhea. Did i transmit UTI? 1 hour later
Thank you so much doctor for your answer. My boyfriend insists that he didn't sleep with anyone else. Its hard to believe him. To complicate things further, it appears now that the doctor never took a test, he diagnosed based on the symptoms I am presuming. Because he has already started the meds the doctor says tests will come out negative. I also am taking the same antibiotics (Ciprofloxin) for the UTI so I presume the tests will be negative as well. Do you think I still need to see a doctor even though I have no simptoms and have been taking Ciprofloxin? For argument's sake, if both of us were clean and with no other partners, what else could this be?
Thanks for writing again.
The tests do come negative after you start with the antibitics. But there is no harm in taking a screening test for STDs to find out any resistant infections.
If both of you are clean then most likely it is just a simple urinary infection. There is no need to worry.
Just continue with the ntibiotic as prescribed by your physician and have plenty of fluids orally.
Hope this answer is helpful.
Do accept the answer in case there are no further queries.